No, this is not an Andy Gibb reference, but you can go there if you want. There’s been a bit of negativity around these parts, so I thought I’d brighten up the mood a bit with some musings on love.
- Open and spacious.
- Without reference to self.
- Warm, tender, and gentle.
- Present in every tear that is shed.
- The peaceful face of a sleeping spouse.
- Kind and giving.
- Nobody’s fool.
- The most powerful force in the universe.
- Patient and can endure.
- Something everyone desires, yet nobody understands.
- Able to absorb the suffering of the entire world.
- Hysterical in sorrow and boisterous in happiness.
- Audible in the sigh of your beloved.
- The giggles of children as they play.
- The soreness of a broken heart.
- The kiss of the newlywed at the altar.
- A million more things I could never describe.
You see, despite everything I’ve been through these past four months, despite all the frustration, all the pain, all the sorrow, all the anger and the hurt, I still love my wife. I love her more than anything in the world. And I’ve experienced a real shift sometime in the recent past. I don’t just love her, I’m also in love with her. I don’t know how it happened, but somehow it did. That’s a hard place to be, but love can endure. That’s its nature.